TK-2nd Grade Art Program
Newly added program!
Students in TK-2nd grade will have a weekly art class focusing on various elements (see below). Classes are taught by a professional art instructor. Students will learn art form world cultures, 3D & sculptural arts, and techniques including line, color, and drawing self-portraits. More specific grade level information can be found below. At the end of the 12 week course, students will have a showcase.
- Visual expression using lines, shapes, colors, and value
- Drawing, painting, printmaking, clay modeling
- Create expression using line, pattern, and shape
- Learn technical skills, including color mixing in painting
- Use pinch and hand building techniques in clay
- Kinetic learning to refine small motor skills through dawing, painting, and hand building with clay
- Creating varieties of line to make patterns, using overlapping shapes to create space, and mixing primary colors to make secondary colors
- Creative expression through drawing from nature and using art elements to tell a story